Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?

I have naturally curly hair, but people tell me all the time to straight it. I straighten it sometimes, to get a diffrent style, but I normally leave it nautral and do styles with it. Like some of these here: http://www.motowngirl.com/content/index....



I noticed, in the black culture; blacks can't wear their hair natural because it not in style. I believe if you have naturally curly or kinky hair you should wear it; however, people think its unprofessional or ugly.



Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?

I've always loved natural kinky black hair (even when i relaxed mine). I was ignorant and thought that it was too hard to take care of but now that i'm all natural i've discovered that my natural hair is actually lots easier to take care of than the relaxed stuff. all my co workers love my hair just how it is. But girl i feel you on people telling you to straighten it all the time. I was natural when i met my ex and we used to get in huge screaming fights because he wanted me to relax my hair. Finally i stopped dating him and surrounded myself with the people that loved it how it was. Natural is beautiful no matter what anybody says



Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?

I love natural AfAm hair! Going against your natural hair texture gets pretty annoying after a while, and can look really fake. I don't like kinky hair when it got that way by crimping, but if it's that way naturally, go for it.



Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?

I'm guessing it is because most people will always want what they dont have instead of embracing what they do have. Straight haired people will try to achieve curls, while people with kinky hair try to change what they have. The things that i dont physically like about myself, are the things that my friends want and vis vera. But i think its gorgeous that people have that type of hair, because it is what makes them special.



Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?

I think wearing hair in its natural state is beautiful. Honestly.



I am a mixture of a lot of things, black being one, and when I wash my hair and let it air dry I end up with a cury fro. PPl love it. The thing I do is make sure that I am confident with it because admittedly I am a bit insecure when I dont straighten my hair because Ive straightened it for so long that people are shocked when they see it any other way. BUT I am ME. I oly have to answer to myself and God. So really no one elses opinion matters to me. I say work it. Natural is beautiful. After all, that's the way we were MEANT to be.



Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?

Well, I hate to have to say this, and i know some ppl are gonna hate me for it.



But what the hell, its my opinion.



Firstly, sometimes, no matter what you do with your natural hair, unless of course its braided, it just never looks quite as well groomed as straight hair.



I think its unfair that we have this type of hair, ive always thought so. Not because of how it looks, but because of the trouble it takes to care for it. Even with the straighteners its a damn nuisance, the bills, the burns etc.



Having natural hair for me is frustrating, i cant plait.... Having straightened hair is too, but not that bad.



I think black ppl hate kinky hair for very understandable logical reasons. Its simple. A 5yr old white chinese or indian girl can comb her hair herself and have it look presentable. A 5 yr old black girl needs her mom to do it for her, cuz her hair is such a mess and catastrophe that she cannot manage to do it herself.



I think its more about the manageability



I mean, you cannot deny that you never wish you could go to the beach and get your hair wet everyday if you pleased, without having to go home and wash it, and comb and treat it, which would prob take a long while...maybe the rest of your day, instead of just washing them, letting them air dry, and still be able to comb them, and have them look presentable.



We cant wash our hair as often as we would like to because its weak and it will break off.



There are so many negatives when it comes to maintenance.



Its high maintenance and i dont think anyone likes that...certainly not me.



I'd just like to be able to wash my hair, let it air dry, and be able to actually comb it out without it breaking off, or damaging my comb



I dont think u can deny that our hair is higher maintenance than most other races.Whether in its natural state or not.



Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?

I dont think its unprofessional. I like natural hair, but I dont think I could maintain it. my hair needed to be relaxed. It was so thick and unrully. I couldnt even brush it. I first got it chemically straightened when I was nine. I have gotten it done about every other month since then. My natural hair wasnt beautiful, it was the most annoying thing on earth. Some people look great natural. Some people dont. I am one of those people that dont. But I think that the people that look good natural should keep it that way. I like the curly hair that some black girls have. They should keep it that way. Mine was wavy, straight, anything it wanted to be. I couldnt style it at all. I am greatful that I am african american, but I just didnt like my hair when it wasnt relaxed. Thats how I feel.



閳?br>Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?



you shouldn't care what other people think... do what you think is comfortable... as long as your carry yourself with confidence, people will eventually accept you and will even like you...



Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?

Well its is and isn't the style. But for some people Kinky Hair is really hard to style. Some people claim that its hard to take care of. I don't know I have relaxed hair.



Why is it that people (especially other black people) hate kinky hair?

I agree. Be happy with what the good Lord gave you.



Black hair is more versatile, you can do more with it, wear it curly or straight.



"Kinky" or super curly (what I call it) hair is looked down upon by some people, not everyone, because they aren't used to seeing it, it's different, which really boils down to it requires more maintenance....and that in the form of natural oils...real moisture.



They hate the maintenance and upkeep of it. -



Sounds like you haven't been listening to people so far, so don't now about your hair. If you like it curly, rock those curls, GOD gave them to you. If you want it straight...get the flat iron and make it happen...you can always go back.



-best



ps



btw.... I see more black people than ever wearing their hair natural, and unashamed...it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment