Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

Ok.The problem with my hair is it is very Thick and Corse.I would wear it back alot because it is so Corse.I got tired of that and Now Im wearing it down. Whenever I get my hair relaxed,I style it hanging down.It is still Thick at the top even though it has been relaxed.When I wear it down it is puffed at the top and I have a hard time maintaining the hairstyle because of the thickness of the hair.I now have a Flat iron and was very happy only to see the same thing again.It is still puffing at the top and my hair will not do right.So Im asking the Black American Women what is the best way to manage my hair when it is like this.I do not want to wear it pulled back in a ponytail.I want a real hairstyle.Also what are some good ways to style my hair.I also oil my scalp often and that dries out so fast. Im always oiling the scalp.I need some advice please.Thanks.



Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

You need to go to a stylist so that they can remove some of the weight in your hair. This will allow easier styling , and this cutting technique does not take away length so don't be concerned with that.



Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

Try the twisting thing. http://www.nappyhairaffair.com/



i think it's very cute and love that it's natural.



Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

I have the same problem. My hair is extremely thick. I usually just wash my hair with Relaxed and Natural and put a hand full of baby oil in my hair and allow it to dry. When my hair is curly and dry I us a flat iron and my hair will blow in the wind. I'm not sure if the results will differ but it works for me.



Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

I can't directly answer your question, but have you sought any black salons in your area? At home care will only go so far since you Have coarse hair. i would start there because sometimes you think you could be doing the right thing with hair, and it's not. Maybe you need a stronger relaxer OR the relaxer you're using is way too strong. When my hair gets really puffy and my relaxer starts to wear off, i start to rod it or put some curls in it, that way it'll have body.



Also, what kind of weather are you in, that can destroy your hair too and could be why your hair is so puffy at the top.



Just some advice, although we do not have the same hair type, mine is not as coarse. I hoped I helped.



Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

Girl I know what your going through how about getting your hair braided in a style that suits you.You can get it with extensions or go natrual.Its easy to maintain and it keeps all of the hair oils moisture to be stored in your hair. whatever you do dont go bald like Britney Spears.Oh or try some curls with rollers. Good luck



Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

okay. i hear u.. cz i'm 'black' and i have thick, coarse hair too. first of all, r u sure u're relaxing it right? if u know the top is more prone to not take the perme well, then smooth the perme onto that part even more. As far ur flat iron.... what kind r u using? If its real good...? It'll b ceramic, $100+, and it'll last u a long while (I recommend the brand: Babyliss).



And as far as oiling your scalp? It's unnecessary. I do research (being that I'm a hairstylist) and I find out that oiling your scalp does nothing bcz ur scalp already produces natural oils. All you need to do is moisturize, condition, and oil ur hair. Chose a product that you notice doesn't dry out your hair... like carrot oil, pink lotion, or Optium Oil Therapy.



As far as advice on hair styles...? Ummm.. u can try plenty of hairstyles with braids, twists, ur hair half braided (the top)/half down (the bottom)--%26gt; this would help hide the thickness on top of your head... if u need anymore advice, lemme kno!



Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

Have a good trim at the salon, but don't have too much cut if you pin your hair up a lot. Maintain your haircuts to keep breakage and split ends to a minimum.



Do you know what kind of relaxer is being used in your hair? Bantu is great but you have to make sure that you do not shampoo or scratch your scalp for a few days before because you may experience burning when the relaxer is applied.



There are so many new relaxers out on the market, but I love Bantu and Ultra Sheen products.



Flat irons are damaging to the hair.



The Maxiglide:



http://www.maxiusbeauty.com/



This appliance looks similar to the flat iron but has little teeth in it and straightens the hair with steam and heat and does not burn the hair.



A good friend of mine (has long relaxed hair) uses recommends Dr. Miracle's products.



Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

im not black, but my friend is, and she gets a straight perm every once and awhile, and that comes w/ products 2 help keep it looking good!



Black American Woman (I need help with hair question)?

interesting........try using mousse and doing a roller set, then flat iron. And if the relaxer is not taking as well on the top, maybe you should apply there first and then work outwards to the rest of your head. A good leave in conidtioner will work wonders as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment