Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Black woman's hair...?

I recently started to let my hair grow for the first time in 15 years. It is now just past my shoulder blades and I am finding that my old shampoo makes my hair too tangled to comb. I would like to know if there are any 'non-professional' shampoos that I can buy at the drug store that takes care of tangles, frizz, and does not coat the hair (making it heavy). i've worn my hair in the short styles for a long time, I no longer know how to manage long hair. My hair (when i allow it to grow) gets very thick, and course and very long and I am very 'tender-headed' (scalp hurts when hair is combed,the reason I never let ot grow). Can anyone help? What about the Garnier Fructis products?



Black woman's hair...?

I truly understand. I started growing my hair out as well. Yes, there's some great products out there that you can use. I do a conditioner wash pretty much everyday, wash every 2 to 3 days, use a clarifying wash once a week. I use Suave or VO5 for the co-wash(they run under $1 if you shop around), my shampoo, Creme of Nature isn't too expensive. Pretty much anything w/out the alcohol is great. I also use the Just for Me detangler, but you can also get the Johnson's and Johnson's detangler(it's cheaper) and it works wonders when your ready to comb through it. I've tried the Garnier Fructis and it leaves my hair hard. I've not tried all the line, which I'm willing to do, but up to you what you would like to do. As far as styles, I would suggest going on some of the black hair care sites. I like to put my hair up in a bun or twist and put decorative clips and chopsticks in it.



Hope this was helpful to ya. Good Luck



Black woman's hair...?

Cream of nature has a shampoo with a conditioner in it. I have long hair and it detangles and conditions it good.



Black woman's hair...?

Garnier fructis is great for all hair types. im mixed, so i know what your talking about, when my hair is curly, its soo hard to take care of, and its so course, but its still pretty in a way. haha my hair natural btw. is ur hair natural? since u said its course, im assuming it is. but garnier fruictis is wonderful for your hair, the shampoos i STRONGLY SUGGEST you get are the Length and Strength shampoo and conditioner, or the kind for curly hair. the thing about the curly hair shampoo is that the shampoo is creamy, not see-through or transparent, and i know that if its transparent the more likely it is to dry out your hair, and the shampoo is creamy ..and doesnt dry out the hair so much. I dont use garnier fructis, but im gonna start, right now im working on getting all these other hair products out my bathroom cuz there are so many that i was trying them all out. but if u want a professionaly shampoo, i heard that paul mitchell is great for african american hair, and mixed hair. my sister, who is full black, she says paul mitchell does real good for her hair. uhm, dont use tresemme, its horrible. i got the moisturising kind, and it dried it out horrible, leaving it frizzy and tangled. dove was bad too, and sunsilk is okay...i dont reall like the shampoo and conditioner, but the 24/7 creme for hydra tlc is great. herbal essence is good too. pantene just coats the hair and after a few weeks, your hair will be messed up. okay, i hope i helped you a bit.



Black woman's hair...?

I use Nexxus Products which can be bought in the super markets know you need the moisturizing line so theres Therappe,Humectress and keraphix. click my picture for other shampoo websites.



Black woman's hair...?

they have lots of stuff for black people at wal-mart

No comments:

Post a Comment